It has been almost a month since my retirement party. I want to thank everyone who made it a very special day for Becky and me.
• Best count I have is 65 attended the party. There were folks whom I worked with in 1981 and there was one person who started work December 2017. People from NRCS, retirees, Farm Service Agency, Pheasants Forever, ranchers, Wash. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife, and GracePoint Church – quite a diverse crowd
• Party was organized by Lorna Bilodeau and Becky. They are the best.
• The lunch was the best pot luck ever! A lot of FABULOUS New Mexican and Mexican dishes
• Wonderful cake prepared by Joleen McBee
• Bonda Habets presented me with two plaques – one for 40+ years of service, the other an award for work in 2016. Thank you, Bonda!
• Harold Crose was emcee. He has some very remarkable things to say about me and included a letter to the editor of the newspaper where I lived in 1977 and a letter from Justin Mount
• Becky told a very funny story about me and a bus load of Japanese tourists
• Every father would be stunned if their sons talked about them the way Garrett talked about me.
• My brother, JR, came from El Paso. He left a wonderful painting for me
• Randy Kelley and Tracy Hanger had very kind words to say.
It has been an honor and privilege to know and work alongside everyone. I had a remarkable career with SCS/NRCS and I leave it with no regrets. You have all blessed me beyond anything I could ask or imagine. Thanks for the memories!!!
PS email me if you want the story of the Japanese Tourist bus