4:35 AM At Spokane Airport
- Had a good time with Becky yesterday in Spokane--thrift store where we found large bag so I could check my pack. $25 charge to check bag, grrr!
- We ate Lamb Korma at Taste of India
- Virtually no sleep last night. Becky was hurting
- I gotta be quick in Seattle--must change terminals with only 45 minutes between flights
- Several good wishes have come in via email. Thanks!!!
- I am amped up and will be until I board in Seattle.
- Gave out cards to:
- recent retiree from Air Force
- Wanda--my seat mate on flight to Seattle (Boeing Employee Credit Union)
- My seatmate on flight to San Diego
- Couple in front of me are doing PCT too--Jay and Tanya - Freaky! They are from Australia and a LOT younger than I am
7:00 pm: Bob Riess, retired US Navy, picked up Gert Brabants and me at the airport. Bob is definitely a military man. He served our country well. Bob is an important part of the PCT as he has since 1999: hosting more than 700 hikers. Gert Brabants is from Belgium and in his late 20s - early 30s. With his experience in the Alps, he should be a strong hiker.
Weather is in San Diego is VERY NICE -- mild breeze, warm at mid-day and cooling off now
I had a bit of an upset stomach today, but I am pumped about tomorrow's start. "Take it easy, son. You can't do 2660 miles in a day. "
I didn't get much sleep last night. Hoping for more tonight.