4:35 AM At Spokane Airport
- Had a good time with Becky yesterday in Spokane--thrift store where we found large bag so I could check my pack. $25 charge to check bag, grrr!
- We ate Lamb Korma at Taste of India
- Virtually no sleep last night. Becky was hurting
- I gotta be quick in Seattle--must change terminals with only 45 minutes between flights
- Several good wishes have come in via email. Thanks!!!
- I am amped up and will be until I board in Seattle.
- Gave out cards to:
- recent retiree from Air Force
- Wanda--my seat mate on flight to Seattle (Boeing Employee Credit Union)
- My seatmate on flight to San Diego
- Couple in front of me are doing PCT too--Jay and Tanya - Freaky! They are from Australia and a LOT younger than I am
7:00 pm: Bob Riess, retired US Navy, picked up Gert Brabants and me at the airport. Bob is definitely a military man. He served our country well. Bob is an important part of the PCT as he has since 1999: hosting more than 700 hikers. Gert Brabants is from Belgium and in his late 20s - early 30s. With his experience in the Alps, he should be a strong hiker.
Weather is in San Diego is VERY NICE -- mild breeze, warm at mid-day and cooling off now
I had a bit of an upset stomach today, but I am pumped about tomorrow's start. "Take it easy, son. You can't do 2660 miles in a day. "
I didn't get much sleep last night. Hoping for more tonight.
Way to go, Kevin! San Diego rocks and so do you... Remember, CHERRY APPLE CIDER when you get to Julian, CA. Wishing you the best, Alex RReplyDelete